Saturday, December 1, 2012

Nice lazy Saturday

Surprise! It's snowing again! Light flurries - it's too cold to do much more than that. 20 degrees this morning, which is a HUGE improvement from yesterday's temperatures in the teens! Lizzie has been sleeping all day so far. She woke up at 7 and had to go out - of course, since Saturday is my sleep-in day - but then she went right back to bed, even without her breakfast! She did get up and wander around a bit when I brought her downstairs, but now she's sleeping again. She has the right idea!

I'm spending my day doing the usual weekend stuff - laundry, cleaning, baking, knitting, reading... it's a good day to be inside.

Tomorrow, the Henry Knox Museum is having their holiday open house, at Montpelier, in Thomaston. Knox is one of my favorite characters from the Revolutionary period, and I haven't been there yet, so the holiday open house will be a nice introduction to the mansion. I may volunteer over there next summer. Or even work there part-time. Could be fun.

I'm off to transfer wash into the dryer, and to put another load in. I love weekends.

Front Yard in Snow

2 comments:

Don Meyer said...

Ah, yes. Lazy Saturday. But doing laundry doesn't sound lazy. Maybe you do it leisurely.

Pegi Frostholm said...

Hey, laundry is easy! Dump it in the washer, turn washer on, wait (and knit!), dump into dryer, turn dryer on, wait (and knit!)... a heck of a lot easier than washing the kitchen floor!!! ;-)

Hope you're feeling better!