Sunday, September 22, 2013

Another new beginning

Here I go again. Moving. I hate moving, and swore for years that I would never do it again, but here I am moving for the third time in the space of one year. Maine has been good, if not exactly what I expected, and now it's time to move on.

I started thinking about moving closer to my mother back in May, when she came home after rehab from her fall, and it was my turn to go back and forth to help her out. My older sister spent over 2 months going back and forth from her home in NJ to MA to help my mom out. Come May, I had things to take care of on the Cape, so I ended up going back and forth every few days between May and June. It was a long, difficult trip, and I started thinking about if this happened again. I realized that I really wanted to be closer to Cape Cod, so if I did need to travel to help my mother out again, I could be there more quickly, and the trip wouldn't be as hard on me. I started to look at jobs in MA, and quickly realized that rents there are terribly high, so I went over the border to New Hampshire, and decided on Concord.

I have found a job within TD Bank in NH, which I start in 2 weeks (YIKES!), and I have found an apartment complex I like, and expect to move November 1. Eep! It's coming up fast! Now starts the whole packing process AGAIN. The best part is that I am clearing out more stuff - believe it or not, I still have more stuff to get rid of! I have cleared out so much, I didn't think there was anything left! There is a lot left to give away, though, and I have roughly 2 weeks to do it. It will get done, but it's going to be more stress, on top of the stress of changing jobs. It is exciting, though! Another new beginning!

I'm excited to be back in a city again. I'll be moving to a quiet part of Concord, so I won't have city sounds, but I will have city conveniences. I have missed Starbucks and multi-cultural food. Things I don't have here in Mid-Coast Maine. I'm excited to move to an apartment with a laundry in the building, and with updated appliances. And a bathtub. My apartment here is very cute, but I have missed those conveniences. I'm excited for my new job. It's a few steps forward within the company, and it gives me much more chance to advance further. When I pass the bar exam (someday...), I'll be in a better position to move up into the legal department within the bank.

So, some good and some stress, as always. Coffee will be an essential part of my diet in the coming weeks. I have done it before, though, and I'll do it successfully this time, too. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Don Meyer said...

Ow! I don't envy you with all the packing, moving, meeting close deadlines. On the other hand, I do wish you the best in your new location, and on your new job!
Good luck!

Pegi Frostholm said...

Thanks, Don! I am excited for all the changes, although the move is SO overwhelming! The good part is that I'll get to stay with my mom for a few weeks during the transition. It will be good to see her for an extended period of time!