Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas P.S.

I almost forgot some of the sweetest moments of my Christmas week!

First, my daughter-in-law and I had a wonderful week exploring her area. I haven't had the time on my visits before now, and it was a real treat to see southern NJ through the eyes of someone who truly loves the area. We also stopped at a yarn store at one point, and my DIL spotted a skein of yarn that she fell in love with. She asked if I could make her a hat out of it, and of course, I said yes. I can't refuse family when they ask me to make them something. I know they appreciate my knitting, and know they will appreciate it, so I just can't resist. The hat is almost half done now...

The other sweet moment was with my nephew, at breakfast, the morning after the long drive. My other sister, his aunt, had taught him to crochet while she was there, and he took right to it. He's very talented - his stitches were nice and even, not too tight, and the double crochet looked good with the yarn he used. A future crafter in the making! We snagged another one! The sweetest part was seeing how proud he was of his work, and how he couldn't wait to show me, a fellow crafter, what he had done. He's caught the bug for sure!

Warm memories on a cold day. Nothing like them.

2 comments:

Don Meyer said...

Oh, those moments are the ones you stash away in your memories for safe keeping!

Pegi Frostholm said...

Yes they are! Better than photo albums!